In Downloads Site section, click to download the appropriate Tableau Desktop installer version (Windows 32-bit, Windows 64-bit, or Mac). If you have a 64-bit Windows computer, you should use the 64-bit version; if you have a 32-bit Windows computer (rare these days) you must use the 32-bit version.
Fill the form and receive an email with your personal 30 days activation key.
3. Complete hands-on tutorial
4. Get curious and analyze datasets
4.1 The UN SDG Action Campaign My World Survey results
Get started by download the Tableau Data Extract (454,000 records, data source: United Nations Sustainable Development Goals Action Campaign).
Publish your results on Tableau Public and make sure to tag @SDGaction and @FraAnalytics in your tweets. Selected visualizations will be featured on UN SDG Action Campaign social media and might be featured on other communication channels.
4.2 Who is Will?
5. Advanced level: Get a Tableau Online account
Fill the form and receive an email with your Tableau Online account. After your account is activated, you can connect to existing data sources.
6. Advanced level: Use Tableau’s Web Data Connector to add web-based data
Select Web Data Connector (WDC) as new data source and past this URL to fetch weather data:
If you are more interested in crawling social media data from Twitter, this WDC is your friend:
7. Jedi level: Integrate your R scripts with Tableau
R you ready for advanced analytics? Get fancy with this tutorial! And yes, you can estimate the sentiment from your previously fetched tweets.
8. Jedi level: Integrate your Python scripts with Tableau
In love with NumPy? Follow this tutorial and download the attached workbook!
9. Jedi level: Integrate your Julia scripts with Tableau
Fancy for Julia? Follow this tutorial and download the attached workbook!
10. Jedi level: Add interactivity to your dashboard
Just like this dashboard that is capable to send tweets: