The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on societies and economies around the world. Ten lessons the post-pandemic era (PPE) has taught us:
- Most office work can be done from anywhere.
- Face-to-face meetings can be avoided in 90% of cases.
- Most meetings can be reduced to 30 minutes.
- Breaks between meetings are important to stay focused.
- Important decisions for society (politics and economy) are made by non-experts out of fear.
- Social media is increasingly used for spreading disinformation. Countermeasures are currently ineffective.
- Four-day weeks are not only feasible but will become inevitable to avoid layoffs.
- The education system, which is the backbone of our future, is outdated.
- Investments in digital infrastructure bring humanity forward in a sustainable way.
- It is essential to secure this digital infrastructure comprehensively so as not to expose society to dangers such as nationwide blackouts.
Looking ahead, it will be important for individuals, communities, and businesses to continue to learn and adapt in order to thrive in an ever-changing world. Many of these points are covered in depth in the Decisively Digital book.
What are your personal learnings from the pandemic and beyond? Join the discussion on LinkedIn: