Hello and welcome to the first issue of Data & AI Digest! We’ve curated an exceptional list of articles that delve into a wide array of topics—from the triumphs of data visualization in public health to the ethical dilemmas surrounding AI-generated images. Are you curious about running Python directly in Excel? We’ve got you covered!
- [dataviz] The Triumph Over Tobacco: A Public Health Milestone: Explore how a blend of regulation, taxation, and education led to a significant decline in cigarette sales and lung cancer deaths in the U.S. Read more
- [dataviz] Master the Art of Data Visualization with These Must-Read Books: Whether you’re a novice or a pro, discover five essential books that guide you to data visualization mastery. Read more
- [analytics] Python Meets Excel: A New Era in Data Analysis: Announcing Python support in Microsoft Excel, enabling data analysis directly within the Excel grid—no separate Python installation needed. Read more
- [powerbi] Unlock Power BI’s Full Potential with DAX: Discover 20 essential DAX tricks to enhance your Power BI reports, suitable for both beginners and experts. Read more
- [ethics] Controversy Over ‘SmashOrPassAI’ Site: A new site that allows users to rate AI-generated women sparks backlash, raising ethical concerns. Read more
- [public opinion] Rising Concerns Over AI’s Role in Daily Life: A new Pew Research survey reveals growing apprehension among Americans about the role of AI in daily life, with views varying by age and use cases. Read more
- [privacy] GDPR Complaint Against OpenAI Over ChatGPT: OpenAI faces allegations of GDPR violations regarding its ChatGPT model, as filed by a privacy researcher. Read more
- [coding] Meet Code Llama: A New Large Language Model for Coding: Meta is introducing Code Llama, a state-of-the-art large language model designed to assist with coding tasks. Read more
We hope you find this week’s digest both informative and inspiring. Enjoy the newsletter? Help us make it bigger and better by sharing it with colleagues and friends. For even more curated content, discussions, and networking opportunities, don’t forget to join our LinkedIn Data & AI User Group.
Stay curious and keep innovating!