With over 3 billion active social media users, establishing an active presence on social media networks is becoming increasingly essential in getting your business front of your ideal audience. These days, more and more consumers are looking to engage, connect and communicate with their favorite brands on social media.
Adding social media to your customer-centric data strategy will help boost brand awareness, increase followership, drive traffic to your website and generate leads for your sales funnel. In 2017, no organization should be without a plan that actively places their brand on social media, and analyzes their social media data.
Once you’ve started diving into social media analytics, how do you bring it to the next level? This session covers a customer-centric data strategy for scaling a social media data program.
Here are the links (i.e. additional resources) featured during the session to help you formulate your social media data program in order to build a stronger presence and retrieve powerful insights:
The Data Opportunity
- Data volume stored by Facebook in comparison to CERN: http://bit.ly/tc17_cern
Focus on relevant metrics for your strategy
- Twitter Sentiment Analysis…
- Leverage your Analytics tool chain…
How to get Social Media in Tableau?
- Via a third party platform: http://bit.ly/tc17_talkwalker
- Code your own solution: http://bit.ly/tc17_r_fetch
Tips to Level Up
- It’s About Time: http://bit.ly/tc17_timeways
- Think About Your Words: http://bit.ly/tc17_cta
- Use a Web Data Connector – Take advantage of our community: http://bit.ly/tc17_wdc
- Don’t forget to localize your data:
- Apply Text Mining: http://bit.ly/tc17_textm
- Parse messages with Regex: http://bit.ly/tc17_regex_extr
- Use your R and Python skills: http://bit.ly/tc17_r_unshort
Tutorials and Slide Set
— Alexander Loth (@xlth) September 13, 2017